Before I show you Brooke's 5 month pictures, I forgot to tell you Mason's 4 year stats from his appointment...do people still care about that stuff at 4 years old? If you do...
Mason's height: 42 inches, 83%
Mason's weight: 39 pounds, 74%
Mason has been experimenting with some new behavior lately. I guess he thinks now that he is 4, he can do what he wants. And for some reason, he likes to hear himself whine and throw fits. He can turn it off when he wants to and be right back to his sweet self. So why do it?? I was just talking to a friend last week about how I was so glad we had been through with that stage for a while, and then, surprise! It's back. Age 3 was GREAT. We will see what age 4 is like. I hear other people say that 3 is worse than the terrible 2's and that 4 is like a switch is flipped and they are great. Maybe it is a short phase (we'll keep our fingers crossed).
So, Brooke is now 5 1/2 months old. Her first "big first" happened yesterday...her two bottom teeth popped in! She was fussy on and off for a couple weeks while they were trying to come in...not too bad, just not herself. She has gotten into a better routine, although it is interrupted on days we go places during her "naptime." But she adjusts the rest of her day to the missed or shortened nap pretty well. She still doesn't really care for cereal too much (even though we keep trying), but even without it, she has been sleeping through the night for a couple months. Lately, she has slept from 6:30 or 7:00 pm to 6:00 am, with the exception of maybe one night a week when she wakes up around 4:00 am to eat.
Oh! And Mason claims she rolled over to her tummy this morning while I was out of the room. He said he helped her back over (not realizing that turning over was a big milestone that mommy wanted to see). I guess we'll never know if she really did.
Mason's height: 42 inches, 83%
Mason's weight: 39 pounds, 74%
Mason has been experimenting with some new behavior lately. I guess he thinks now that he is 4, he can do what he wants. And for some reason, he likes to hear himself whine and throw fits. He can turn it off when he wants to and be right back to his sweet self. So why do it?? I was just talking to a friend last week about how I was so glad we had been through with that stage for a while, and then, surprise! It's back. Age 3 was GREAT. We will see what age 4 is like. I hear other people say that 3 is worse than the terrible 2's and that 4 is like a switch is flipped and they are great. Maybe it is a short phase (we'll keep our fingers crossed).
So, Brooke is now 5 1/2 months old. Her first "big first" happened yesterday...her two bottom teeth popped in! She was fussy on and off for a couple weeks while they were trying to come in...not too bad, just not herself. She has gotten into a better routine, although it is interrupted on days we go places during her "naptime." But she adjusts the rest of her day to the missed or shortened nap pretty well. She still doesn't really care for cereal too much (even though we keep trying), but even without it, she has been sleeping through the night for a couple months. Lately, she has slept from 6:30 or 7:00 pm to 6:00 am, with the exception of maybe one night a week when she wakes up around 4:00 am to eat.
Oh! And Mason claims she rolled over to her tummy this morning while I was out of the room. He said he helped her back over (not realizing that turning over was a big milestone that mommy wanted to see). I guess we'll never know if she really did.
Brooke at 5 months old
Mommy and Brooke at 5 months old.
I was trying to get her to smile by clapping her hands,
but the timing of the picture was a little off.

I wanted to show you some "look alike" pictures of Mason and Brooke, but first here is one where they don't look quite the same. Mason LOVED his jumparoo. He started jumping in it probably around 4 months, and at 5 months, it was his absolute favorite thing to do. Brooke is about 1-3 months behind developmentally from Mason, depending on what it is, so we hadn't tried the jumparoo yet. On her 5 month "birthday" we decided to see if she was up for it...
This is Mason at almost 5 months.

This is Brooke at 5 months. We put her in it, and 5 minutes later...
The girl can sleep anywhere...
Okay, back to the look alike pictures. After a couple days of trying to get used to the jumper, Brooke got the hang of it and now she loves it (with the help of a thick blanket on the floor so she can reach)
Mason at 5 months...

Brooke a little more than 5 months...