Good morning :) Again, I woke up at 4:45 this morning and finally, by 5:45, I figured I wasn't going back to sleep...so here I am. I guess my body is getting me ready for all those sleepless nights ahead of me!! (2 weeks and 2 days left!)
Anyway...last night we had a block party. Last week, a group of the neighbors were out talking. My neighbor, JoAnna, from across the street mentioned that Mark, another neighbor from across the street, thought it would be fun to have another block party before it started getting too cold. We have some excuse to have one just about every month. So we all decided on this weekend (before it got too cold...hmmm...a cold front came through and it ended up being in the 40s). ANYWAY, so back to the conversation. Carlton wandered off to play basketball with the kids, so I piped up and said "I'll bring a cake. It's Carlton's birthday a few days later." JoAnna said, "Oh I have this cake recipe I have been wanting to try. I'll bring the cake and it can be a surprise." So it was agreed...surprise party for Carlton. I went home and a few minutes later, Brian (JaAnna's husband) called me and said "It's JoAnna's birthday too. Why don' t you bring a cake and we'll surprise her also?" So Brian and I were the only ones that knew the whole scoop...Carlton thinks it's a surprise for JoAnna and JoAnna thinks it's for Carlton...Carlton turning 29 and JoAnna also turning "29".
Well, we all showed up last night and started bringing food out. Then everyone started bringing gifts out and I thought what is going on? I didn't bring gifts for either JoAnna or Carlton. They were all baby gifts! Originally, the party was planned to be a surpise baby shower for us! We had a blast (while freezing). The kids roasted marshmallows, we ate dinner, we had 2 kinds of birthday cakes and shower cupcakes, the kids/dads played hide-and-seek and football (which actually started about 3 hours prior to the party) and we opened gifts. Oh...and Mason and Kelci were SO excited to help us open gifts. Carlton reminded Mason that while he could help, the gifts were for Brooke. So after we sang Happy Birthday to Carlton and JoAnna, Mason started singing Happy Birthday to Brooke. Here are some pics....



