Monday, October 20, 2008

She has a name! Plus more updates and pics...

Our baby girl has a name! This is a picture of the card that I made and sent to our parents (the grandparents) announcing her name.

the front cover...

the inside of the card...
At 31 weeks (and a couple days), I was really popping out! This picture was taken on Oct. 10. I am now almost 33 weeks. Brooke is definitely growing and constantly moving. I don't think she ever sleeps...not good. Hopefully that will change!!
I should have posted this pic a month or so ago, but since I didn't, I thought I would now...just in case you see Mason and are wondering about the nice scar on his forehead. A while back, we were having issues with Mason continuing to jump on the bed, even after being disciplined over and over. One day, he was "sliding down the headboard"(a sleigh bed) and he got a nice gash in his forehead. It was a horrible experience for him at first, but as soon as he got his cool butterfly bandages, he was excited to show off his "boo-boo". Just the other night, Carlton and I were talking about how we think he finally learned his lesson because he hasn't jumped on the bed since then... but I think he might have heard us talking because I've caught him doing it a couple times since we talked about it!

We spend a lot of time outside in the cul-de-sac playing with the kids on the block, so I thought I'd post some pics of the kids playing...to give you an idea of our typical weekends.
water volleyball... well, more like sprinkler volleyball...

Mason holding our neighbor's snake...

t-ball...

football...

Daddies like to play too...

more football...
duck-duck-goose...


Carlton has been working hard to get Brooke's room ready. He painted it pink, put up beadboard, and then painted the beadboard white. It is now complete and we have moved furniture in, but I haven't uploaded those pics yet. She will be using the same furniture Mason had. It is black with an antique finish (so a black, white and pink room) with a zebra theme. Pics of the room complete and decorated coming soon (hopefully...because that would require the room being done!)


Since Carlton has been working on Brooke's room a lot lately and I am about to make letters to hang on her wall, I thought it would be fun for Mason to paint letters spelling his name to hang on his wall. After he painted them, he put sports stickers on them and we now have them hung, but again, I haven't uploaded the pics of them on the wall yet. He did a really good job on his own, but I am forgetful, so I left them out on the back porch to dry...too long! It ended up raining a few days later and they got a little ruined. So I repainted them while he was asleep...shh! At least he got to finish them with stickers and help daddy pick a place for them. He is very proud of his letters!

Mason chose to be a cowboy for Halloween. I took some pictures while he was trying on his costume for daddy just in case he didn't want to pose for pictures on Halloween. He calls his costume his "customer"...I have no idea why.